how do i get my 3yr old to sleep in her room an stay in there

my 3 yr old wont sleep in her room an every night she wakes up an comes an climbs in bed with me what can i do i give up cause i have tried everything i have thought of an nothing works

Minamommy4107

Asked by Minamommy4107 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• mine does the exact same thing. she is tucked in her own bed every night but most mornings i wake up to find her next to me. im not sure what the magic trick is but just want you to know you aren't the only one! hopefully someone will have a better answer for you.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:44 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My daughter was probably 2 when I had this problem with her. I put a baby gate in her doorway. That way, I could still hear her, but she couldn't get out.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Mine is 5 and we haven't totally figured out how to get him to stay in bed all night, but one thing we did realize is the more he gets in our bed the more he'll keep doing it.

What works best for us is carrying him to his room and taking turns laying in bed with him till he's back to sleep. Just till he's asleep, then we leave. Other nights when he refuses his bed, we let him sleep on the floor in our room. Just not in our bed.
    MarianneTv

Answer by MarianneTv at 10:53 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Put tv on with good cartoons, OR soft music, And a juice cup in his or her mouth, Keep the house quite so the child will rest in peace
    MrsOkpataku

Answer by MrsOkpataku at 10:55 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I babygate my son in his room at night. It's not always foolproof, but most nights it works. We gate him in, put on his favorite nighttime movie, and let him drift off. When he wakes up in the middle of the night, I go in, and sit with him until he falls back to sleep, then I go try to sleep again. Good luck!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:00 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• thank u all for the suggestions but i have tried the tv an msic an drink an it hasnt worked.
    Minamommy4107

Comment by Minamommy4107 (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• well the only bad thing bout the gate idea is i have a tall 3yr old an she can climb over them. an when i take her out of my room to lay her back down im up for a couple hrs
    Minamommy4107

Comment by Minamommy4107 (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• They make taller baby gates.. they also make them that don't have the wired thing, but are plastic.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• the issue i would have with a baby gate is she would not be able to get up and go potty if she needed to.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• By putting her back in her room each time she does this ... that's how to teach her that she needs to sleep in her own room.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2010