Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If my ex gets disability for a mental disorder then who can I contact for benefits for my son.

He has a court order for child support. But it dawned on me since he's getting disability for OCD perhaps our son can get benefits too. Help please. We are in California.


Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • u will have to go to the court house an talk child support ppl an let them know that he is gettin it an then they will look into it an then start after a few they will start sending u checks for going through it now im just waiting for my daughters father to start gettin his checks

    Answer by Minamommy4107 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • Go through the family courts. It will depend who he is getting disability through (state or SSI).

    Answer by riotgrrl at 10:49 AM on Oct. 11, 2010