Do se your child walk on their toes?!

Dd will be 2 in a few weeks and has walked on her toes since the day she started walking. Im assuming sje will out grow this but its kinda a pain cause shes always trips when she has shoes on.

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 10:53 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Get shoes with a taller ankle brace. (Like high tops or boots.) Something like this will force her foot down. My son walked like this when he first started walking. It's normal to start that way, but they should grow out of it by two years of age. Talk to her pedi about it. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:54 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Actually she wears her favorite cowgirl boots most of the time, but still trys to walk on her toes, which is what i think is making her fall so much.
    Keaton_Hazel

Comment by Keaton_Hazel (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• one of my younger sisters did this and ended up having to have an insert made for her shoes when she was about 3 or 4 because her ankles started turning in. I would try to find her a stiff shoe that would make it difficult to walk in her tippie toes. Maybe hi-top tennis shoes, and try to make her wear shoes most of the time. Also try to remind her to walk down on her feet.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My son is four and still I find him walking on his toes at times. I am starting to wonder if he may be having pain in his ankles or something that causes him to do it and am thinking about getting the opinion of a doctor. I have heard that it is something that some children do though so that is why I never really thought anything of it. So it may just be something that will be grown out of in both our cases.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• You should talk to your dd pediatrician and have a prescription written out for shoes that you can get at stride rite. My daughter used to have this "walk" that was fixed because of these shoes. Hope that can help.
    Annasofia

Answer by Annasofia at 11:00 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• DOES your child .....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My son used to walk on his toes, and now he walks normally. We didn't buy any special shoes or anything for him; he just grew out of it. Your daughter may do the same.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 11:09 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Oh my gosh, thank you spell check anon! Id be lost with out you!

Atleast have the guts to post your name. Im on my cell and feeding my dd, by the time i saw the mistype it was to late to change it.

Thank you everyone, i will speak to her dr before it becomes a problem.
    Keaton_Hazel

Comment by Keaton_Hazel (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• DEFINATELY talk to the DR. My 6yr old DD does this, we thought she'd out grow it. Nope. Last year we went through a series of casts, and this year we are in physical therapy for it, our next option is SURGERY!!!! Yikes!
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• You know,...I am ANON because people are so hostile ....and they hate to type things the right way. If I correct spelling or grammar,it is meant to help...but I get hostile replies. So...I am anonymous.
    Anonymous