Birthing bag

Im packing right now for my birthing bag and I dont want to be kicking myself later that I didnt pack something. I currently have a nursing gown, robe, slippers, pads, nursing bra and nursing pads, chapstick, portable fan, video camera, some hard candy and lotion. Am I missing anything?

SunshineSandie

Asked by SunshineSandie at 10:56 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'd bring baby mittens and wipes(if your use them...I know some people don't). My hospital didn't have mittens and my baby was covered in red lines all over his face just 12 hours later. They also didn't have wipes....Told us to use washcloths but didn't tell us HOW so I had to go with what I thought and luckily I was right about it, but they are pretty rough on your skin unlike a disposable wipe.
    Mrs.Pedro

Answer by Mrs.Pedro at 12:20 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• snacks ,toothbrush,toothpaste,outfit for baby,brush,shampoo,conditioner,body wash
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• The thing that was a lifesaver to me was a cloth bag full of rice. It could be warmed up and placed on the back during labor. Socks with the grippers on them, makeup if you wear it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• lol birthing bag sounds like some sort of wierd organ or something. Diapers and a going home outfit for baby.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Change for vending. LOL When you want crackers or a coke or chips and the hospital isn't bringing it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:59 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Snacks for your SO or who ever is going to be with you.
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 11:01 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I also brought a book as sometimes baby is sleeping and I was bored.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:40 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• This is probably going to sound strange but buy some Depends (adult diapers) because you are going to be bleeding and they are the best at putting them on and taking them off. The hospital will provide you with the pads and a stretched thing to go over the pad for bleeding but those are not going to be as convenient as the Depends. Plan on not getting much sleep or rest in the hospital. Congratulations and good luck!
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 12:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2010