menstrual migraines?

do you ever get really bad headaches on the first couple days of your period? i don't know that it happens EVERY month but lately i've just been getting HORRIBLE headaches the first couple days of my period, so bad that tylenol and/or ibuprofen doesn't even dull it :( doesn't help that my kids were being SUPER brats yesterday and my dh was just as bad if not worse :P
do you think its something i should bring up with my doctor? or is there any better remedies? i have taken excedrin and that helps but we are out and can't afford to go get more right now, and i can't take midol cause it knocks me out and i gotta be awake and watching my kids all day...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Health

• i get migraines during my cycle. but never a set time during my period. i will have them for 2-3 days in a row. I hate it. Mine are much worse when i am not on the pill. My dr said it has to do with estragent.
    spagal99

Answer by spagal99 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• There is currently a clinical study going on for women who experience menstrual migraines. If you are interested in learning more, visit www.menstrualmigrainestudy.info. You can also watch a video about the study on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAN1W7YGLR8
    medici1014

Answer by medici1014 at 12:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2010