Parents Suing School For Children Comitting Suicide?

On the Today show 2 of the 4 families were on saying they were suing the School, 4 children have comitted suicide because of bullying. How do you feel about this? Do you think they have a chance in winning? I having a DD killed am not really going to give an opinion because of that, but she was killed by someone else. None the less I don't know if I'd give an honest answer or my feelings answer. Do I think they will win, that I'm not sure, because the School District is a big bite to take off and chew. But I do think bullying needs to be dealt with more seriously, it seems more tragidies in schools have that word bullied, in there some where.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 11:13 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The parents are opening a can of worms to be scrutinize for their parenting. Kids bully because of poor parenting. Kids allow bullys to get the better of them because of lack of confidence. Lack of confidence can be a result of poor parenting. I think it will get ugly and worse before it even gets close to getting resolved...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I think they should sue. People seem to have no idea how bad bullying can be.
    I think they have a chance of winning, but even if they don't, it will probably encourage more to come forward about this sort of thing. if this case doesn't win, others probably will.

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:19 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Personally. I would sue the parents of the bullies. Those kids never learned to be kind...and learning happens at home where parents actually raise their children to be good,kind,compassionate and accepting of difference.
    If these bullies were that cruel, then they have not been raised right.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I guess it depends on a lot of information that's going to have to come out during the suit. If the families can prove the school knew what was going on and didn't do anything about it, the families could have a good negligence claim. I know when I was in high school the administration knew WHICH kids were the likely targets, but really weren't very aware of any specifics. If they can provide proof of communications between them (or other kids) and school officials about the bullying against these four kids, they stand a good chance.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 11:22 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• This whole story is so strange! FOUR kids from one school commit suicide!? After the first or second wouldn't the think MAYBE they should check whats going on in the school! And where were the teachers and stuff when those kids were throwing FOOD at these kids? Did NO other student stand up and say that was wrong? Did NONE of these kids' parents have a clue what was going on? And what was it that made these kids think THIS was the only way to FIX things?? The only people hurt were those that loved them! So bizarre but it sounds like the ENTIRE community has problems!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Oh yah, right, Crapy.
    Spanking only teaches that people in charge (parents,teaches) can inflict pain and the kids are never actually TOLD anything, explained WHy they are wrong and NEVER told that they need to be kind and compassionate. And spanking sets a poor example. It shows that big people want to hurt them. ANd it does not show kids that they need to be kind,only mean and hurtful. It does nothing except intimidate.. Spanking is the first choice of non-verbal, desperate and mean people.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:48 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I think they should sue. Maybe it will bring some light on this issue, and something could be done about it. It is a huge problem and seems worse today because of technology. Maybe if they have to pay , we can begin to change the system and take this more seriously.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• The parent reported the PHYSICAL abuse their children were being subjected too, the school did nothing. I would include the parents of the bullies in the lawsuit

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:36 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I've seen people win lawsuits for a lot less. It really doesn't suprise me. This has been done before.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Gerti you are full of shit. I know plenty of very well adjusted responsible adults who were spanked as kids and - know plenty of kids and young adults who need or needed a few spankings.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2010