• In the Spotlight:

Any women from India can answer a question about this guy?

We just hired a man from India to develop some programs. His start date won't be until after the 13th because the director is at a conference in Chicago. He as asked me many times if he is really hired. I said "yes, that the start date is delayed because of the directors trip". Twice, he's come into my office from outside the building to confirm his hire. I told him that he won't get any more confirmation, other than just myself, until the director arrives. Why won't this guy listen to me? He says that he remembers that I told him this, but he wanted to confirm anyway. No one is here to confirm but me until the director shows. His popping into my office is getting very annoying. How do I get this guy to listen (especially since he will be working in close distance from me in the near future)? Ughhhhh!!!!!

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 11:37 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• LMAO I don't think this guys problem has to do with him being Indian. I think you need to drop the race card and think about the fact that people from all races (even yours) can be a little crazy from time to time. Geez.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Uh, assumptions. No, this was not a race card question, but a start of an understanding. Anything can be of relative, but in many cultures, patterns of thought maybe different from ours. Just a question about only one guy. Silly Anon.
    BlueSaphire

Comment by BlueSaphire (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• It has nothing to do with being Indian. I can assure you. Silly Saphire.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• And its not like youre going to get a women on here saying Oh yes I'm from India and we all think like that it's normal LOL
    Anonymous

• Are you sure he is an NRI? Was he brought to your company via H1B visa?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:02 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'll have to find out. I just hope he's like this toward me (that this can be stopped), and not toward other workers.
    BlueSaphire

Comment by BlueSaphire (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• He may just be very anxious and unsure since he has to wait so long to start work. He probably really needs this job and feels like if it isn't really true then he needs to be out there looking for something else.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Maybe in the pass he's gotten letters of confirmation of being hired with the salary mentioned.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2010