Hubby will not clean after himself. What can I do?

DH has not even noticed that I am on a cleaning strike. I beg and pleade but he says he will help later. I have scolosis and a 4 year old so I really do ned the help. What can I do to get him to help around the house.

shanndarr

Asked by shanndarr at 8:40 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• Mine doesnt pick up after himself at all and he dip's tobacco so he leaves his spit cups everywhere which is nasty, I even take the trash out. But he works all day and even though staying at home with the baby is a job I feel guilty if I have to ask him to do something. Or mabey that he would tell people I dont do anything, because you know if they do one little thing one time, they do it ALL the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• i tell hubby, either do this for me or do that. i am not controlling of him whatsoever- he works his butt off everyday, and i try to do as much as i can. but things pile up, and if i don't tell him to do something, it won't get done. just asking is pointless- there are a million excuses up his sleave. he knows that when i give him a choice between 2 chores, i mean business!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 9:12 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Whenever he makes a mess, start piling it up on his side of the bed or in his car. Then he HAS to clean it.
    kristichristen

Answer by kristichristen at 12:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• hire a maid adn when he fusses about the cost tell him you need hellp and if you have to you will pay for it.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:21 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I think everyone has this to worry about, no man cleans up after himself socks end up next to the dirty clothes basket...im 34 weeks preg. with a back issue as well and i still cant get my husband to take the trash out and with me being a neat freak its so much worse...my parents have been married forever and i asked her the same thing, she laughed at me! There is really nothing you can do about it thats just their personalities
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 1:21 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I find what works best with my hubby is to scrap the emotional begging and whining and whatnot (tried that for -years-!). If I'm rational and calm he listens more readily. I explained to him precisely what I wanted and why. Men like clarity. They also like to think it's their idea, so maybe ask him what a good way to help him remember what needs to be done without nagging him would be. Daily check list on the side of the fridge or something like that. Above all, be specific!
    Kymburlee

Answer by Kymburlee at 9:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2008