Cough

My 2 year old has a hacking cough. It's almost like a smokers cough, but nobody ever smokes around him or anything. A few times over the weekend he has woken up in the middle of the night choking on this cough. He has no other symptoms, not even a runny nose. Could it still be a cold? Should I be concerned? It's been about 3 days now and still no other symptoms.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• did you call your ped?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My daughter JUST had this a couple of months ago, sound like Lyrangitis....took her on day 2..turned out to be croup- which is a form of Bronchitis!
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i would take him in
    crystaldinae

Answer by crystaldinae at 11:52 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I haven't called yet because it was the weekend, and I wasn't sure if this was just a cold or allergies or something and I didn't want to overreact. Plus other than waking him up it doesn't seem to be affecting him at all he even coughs and then says I'm ok mommy lol. But I guess I should call if it could be something serious.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Oct. 11, 2010