• In the Spotlight:

What do you think of Essure?

I saw an ad banner for it on CM earlier this morning and clicked on it. I'm reading about it right now and was wondering what the rest of CM thought about it. I'd love to have a birth control that I don't have to keep worrying about (did I remember my pill?) and doesn't have any side effects like a lower sex drive, moodiness, weight gain, etc.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 12:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Health

• I had it done over a year ago and I LOVE it. If you have specific questions feel free to ask me.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Well, its permanent and non-reversible, but I am leaning towards getting it done when we're certain we're done having kids. :)

I can't remember the url off the top of my head, but if you google it, the official site has a lot of good info. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I had it over a year ago and have no problems.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 5:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Please be sure to have a nickel allergy test performed before you have the Essure procedure. I am in no way trying to scare anyone but there are women that have had problems with this. And, the procedure is now reversible with pregnancy following.

I wish you the best of luck.

http://vervilledeb1.wordpress.com/2010/03/06/essure-problems-continue-among-women/

http://www.tubal-reversal.net/blog/2009/tubal-ligation-reversal/essure-reversal-what-you-need-to-know.html

tubesreversed

Answer by tubesreversed at 9:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Thank you. I plan on doing more research tomorrow. I talked to my husband about it and he said it sounds like a good idea, but he just wants me to do more research.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2010