Should I call child services?

A friend of mine has a 15 year old daughter who is about 5 months pregnant. The father lives with the family and the 15 year old sleeps with him, in their own room. The thing is, the baby's daddy is 35 years old! And the parents are acting like this is ok??? Should I mind my own business or call child services?

smzuzu

Asked by smzuzu at 9:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• Call!!! It doesn't sound like this girl can stand up for herself.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I would call nothing about this situation sounds normal poor girl is probably thinking there is nothing wrong because her parents are messed up.
    mominneed88

Answer by mominneed88 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Oh my goodness! Have you tried talking to your friend? If so with no avail, then I say call Child Protective services. But they are going to be in HUGE trouble for allowing this. Not to mention..........he's 35 and living with THEM?! He needs a life!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Oops, I didn't mean that in a condeming way. I meant that she is only 15 years old!!! If her parents are doing things that are wrong, she might not feel like she can do anything about it.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• wow thats sad that man should know better he should go to jail
    Anonymous

• thats wrong yes i agree call CPS right away if i was in your area id go in .. i work for them in las vegas and we take alot of kids and a couple from places like that thats so wrong call
    Anonymous

• Do you know the whole story?
    I think you should mind your own business unless she is an a situation where she is being abused or neglected. You may get backlash from the family if they find out it was you. very touchy subject
    Anonymous

• oooo, geeze that is wrong on so many levels. one has to wonder how long have they really been together.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• It's child abuse, plain and simple. It's up to you if you want to call and report it or not.
    Anonymous

• Well the 15 year old says she "loves" him. Also the mother says I do not understand because they are from a diff culture than me. They are Mexican, but I do not think that should matter.
    smzuzu

Answer by smzuzu at 9:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2008