when should i pack my hospital bag

im 37 weeks along and was wondering when to pack and what i should pack. the babys bag is ready but mine isnt

mom-to-be21

Asked by mom-to-be21 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i would now. i had my 1st at 37 weeks and 2nd at 38 weeks. it could happen at any time.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 9:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Do it now!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 9:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Do it now! I delivered at 32 1/2 weeks and didn't have a bag ready. You will need a nightgown or robe if you don't want to wear hospital garb, slippers, toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, any toiletries you use at home (shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, lotions, makeup, deodorant), some snacks, something to read or to keep you occupied, and going home clothes (NOT your pre-preg size). Oh, and don't forget your camera and extra batteries!
    patsfan013

Answer by patsfan013 at 9:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• pack now
    mrs.dewberry01

Answer by mrs.dewberry01 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• yes, now
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I'm 32 weeks and I've started adding stuff to mine. I keep it out at all times and I have a (rather long) list of everything that I'll need. This is my first, and I'm probably not going to deliver early...but it's good to have a bag ready to go just in case. The last thing I want is to be having contractions and be running around the house trying to throw all my crap in a bag lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I agree with pat. If you plan on BF I would take your pump and a boppy pillow (they make life much easier).
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• i agree with pat but dont forget pads particurarly overlights because hospital pads are like pamper
    mom2gavahnyaand

Answer by mom2gavahnyaand at 10:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• i would pack now.. but pack light.. i packed underwear but didnt need any til my last day.. they gave me the giant pads.. normal large ones didnt really help... but the jumbo ones that they had at the hospital, those were nice. also, i stayed in my gown cause i had a drain tube from my c section, i was only in the hospital for three days.. if you pack pj's, make them light and loose.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:13 PM on Oct. 26, 2008