I am divorced and told my SO I don't plan on getting married again. I don't think he liked that.

My3Ez

Asked by My3Ez at 12:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Hubby and I said that when we met.. I don't know how long you've been together, but I knew right off that I wanted him to be mine forever... He told me that he felt the same, and we also had said it was because we were so scared to try again.... I'm so glad we did, and now we laugh about it...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• So whats the question in that?
    justme581

Answer by justme581 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Explain to him that this is how you feel at the present but does not mean it won't change in the future.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I feel for ya. I had that same conversation with my former SO a few years ago. We both felt like we didn't want to get married, although we enjoyed our relationship just fine. Too bad we're in different countries and marriage was pretty much the ONLY way we could live in the same country. That admission pretty much killed "us".
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I have told that to guys I have dated too. Both guys I dated had this fantasy going really early of us getting married and moving in together. It is hard to keep them at arms length when you start getting into a relationship with them. Trouble for me is, Im not wanting the chase, Im wanting the space. Guys look at that as a challenge sometimes, and they get hurt when you keep telling them over and over, you arent ready for that type of commitment. One of the guys, after we broke it off, held on for a whole year. Kept telling me I was talking in riddles. I wasnt talking in riddles, I told him straight up I wasnt ready for that kind of relationship. Just keep doing what you are doing, if it doesnt feel right, it aint gonna happen, no matter how he feels about it. When the time is right, you will know it. good luck
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Just tell him, it has nothing to do with you. I have been down this road before and it didnt end well for me. You just have to be careful, because he might see marrying you and spending the rest of his life with you. He will say but Im not him, I want to be with you FOREVER>>> thats a toughy. you dont want to push him away. Good luck!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Well, maybe he wants to get married down the road, so can see why he wouldn't like it.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2010