Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hmm...idk about this one..

ok so im 6 and a 1/2 months pregnant & i keep having a little bit of cramps here and there...i had them yesterday and now this normal? or should i call my doctor?

i think i read somewhere that your suppose to feel them because the uterus or something is hardening...i dont remember where though or if thats even correct...

please help ladies, im so lost..


Asked by joymoon87 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 12 (724 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • 'Here and there' is a bit vague --do you mean in your arm and then in your neck, or just in your belly?

    If they're just your belly, then yes --they're called Braxton Hicks contractions, most easily characterized as non-productive (you're not going into labour) by their lack of coordination. Areas of the belly harden (contract) out of sync with other areas, making it hard on one side, then the top, then down the middle, or whatever, rather than the productive labour contractions that start at the top and move uniformly downwards.

    Some women feel them from very early in pregnancy, others never experience them.

    Answer by LindaClement at 12:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • Hey, Linda! yes i mean in my belly, thank you so much for your answer!! you helped me out a lot

    Comment by joymoon87 (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2010