My girl is pregnant & 2xs she's wiped and had light pink blood and she's scared

She's really concerned coz that never happened with her previous pregnancy. She wants to know if it's normal and why it happens. And just that it's normal and okay.

LasciviousVamp

Asked by LasciviousVamp at 12:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Every time I have a bleeding of some kind during my pregnancy, I call my OBGYN immediately because it can be okay or it can be something serious and I want to have a confirmation one way or another from my doctor. She may also have a scratch in the vagina. I had that in the first trimester when I was pregnant with our son. The best way to know and feel at piece about it is for her to call her OBGYN. Good luck and I hope that everything turns out okay.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 1:02 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• she should call her doc or go to the er to make sure her self..
    liljess09

Answer by liljess09 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• How far along is she? Has she been seen by a dr recently? Sex recently? It could be a couple things, implantation bleeding (that happens early on in the pregnancy). I would bleed a little like that sometimes after sex and almost always after a check up at the doctor. She should call her doctor so they can ask her some more questions and help her ease her mind.
    DeeDee323

Answer by DeeDee323 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• If it follows sexual activity or an internal exam, it is normal.

During pregnancy, a woman's cervix is much more liable to bleed slightly with ... contact. The medical term is 'friable.' As long as it's a very small amount of light pink staining, it's of no concern.

She should tell her doctor, though.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• oops forgot to add she's only about 6 weeks pregnant. found out by a blood test when she went to the hospital when she was sick
    LasciviousVamp

Comment by LasciviousVamp (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• This happened to me when I was 3 months along but it was after having sex. I called the dr and he said it was absolutely normal...BUT if you have any doubt or are scared at all call your dr and let them know your concern. As long as it's only light bleeding she should be fine.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 12:42 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Ah ok 6 weeks, it sounds like it's most likely just implantation bleeding - I had it around my 7th week or so. Definitely have her call her OB/GYN if it gets heavy or she has any cramps though.
    DeeDee323

Answer by DeeDee323 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• she should go to the ER or Labor and Delivery to make sure
    lovebunny82709

Answer by lovebunny82709 at 2:46 AM on Oct. 12, 2010