main dish recipes for potatoes?

I got a 10lb bag for 69 cents. Not sure what to do with them other then twice baked and stuffed.

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 12:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• That's a great deal!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• cut up smoked sausage. potatoes, green beans, and onions, mix them together, throw some butter on all of it, and bake it at 450 for an hour. Not the healthiest but so good.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 12:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• 1 pound ground beef or chicken or turkey
    1/2 cup ground beef mix or your favorite seasonings for ground meat
    1 cup white wine or water
    mashed potatoes (from 3 large potatoes)
    canned or creamed corn or peas (optional)
    1/2 cup Cheddar or Parmesan cheese, grated

3 potatoes, peeled and sliced
    3 carrots, peeled and sliced
    1/2 cup uncooked rice
    1 onion, sliced
    1 pound ground beef or turkey
    1 quart canned tomatoes
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 Tbs brown sugar

liljess09

Answer by liljess09 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Scalloped potatoes, mashed potatoes, fried potatoes, or use them as part of a recipe like in a roast or I have a recipe called hamburger surprise that you use mashed potatoes in. (Layer 1 lb browned and drained hamb meat mixed with 1 can cream of mushroom soup in bottom of crock pot, layer 1-2 cans of french style green beans on top of that, then layer previously prepared mashed potatoes, then sprinkle a reg bag of shredded cheese on top. Heat in crock pot until heated throughout and cheese is melted.) Yuuuummmmm!!!!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i found those on here http://www.cheapcooking.com/potatoes-baked-fried-mashed.htm
    liljess09

Answer by liljess09 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Potato soup is yummy and so good in the autumn.
    We like shepard's pie. I usually make it the lazy way. Mashed potatoes, hamburger, corn and LOTS of cheddar cheese, mixed together.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 12:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Boiled and mashed (I put in 6-10 peeled whole cloves of garlic from the start and mash with non-fat yogurt)... diced and pan fried (awesome with onions and garlic).... chipped and oven fried (toss with olive oil and herbs and black pepper)... scalloped (baked with sliced onions, garlic and a cream sauce, sprinkled with cheese)... colcannon (mashed and then pan fried with black pepper, chopped cabbage and sprinkled with grated cheese when nearly finished)... bubble and squeak (nearly identical to the last one, but with sausages as well, and no cheese)... barbequed (parboiled so they don't take so long, either bare on the rack or sliced nearly the whole way through at 1/4" intervals, filling the cracks with sliced onions, dot with butter and wrapped in foil)

Potatoes are one of the most versatile foods on the planet. There a thousands of things to do with them.

They're also very, very high in vitamin C.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Wow, Lucky you ! That's cheap. I'm Happy for you! I love mashed potatoes and gravy. I love good scalloped potatoes. Good potato soup too! Good luck what ever you make. And I really Love cutting them up and leaving the skins on after well washed and scrubbed and frying them! Yummy!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:16 PM on Oct. 11, 2010