Looking for anyone with experience (good or bad) with Buckner agency in Texas.

It looks like Buckner has many facets relating to foster care AND adoption AND parenting. Does anyone have any experience on any level with them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Adoption

• yes,they are a horrid agency that is an insult to the term Christian,heck an insult to any one with morals and ethics under any name.
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 12:58 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Can't be worse than Gladney.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• drfink, can you elaborate?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• yes, it needs to be later .Taking my son to the doc, he has strep throat I think.
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 2:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i'd like to hear more about any experiences with Buckner too. From their website, they look better than many agencies. Of course, almost any of them look better than Gladney. I once used Gladney as an example of an unethical agency when I spoke to my friend's ethics class about adoption. All the wonderful things they promise a pregnant women is thoroughly disgusting, luxury housing, trips to the mall, etc. I'll have to check, maybe they don't still offer trips to the mall. The students in the class were appalled at all they offer pregnant women.

Buckner is on a short list I have of ethical agencies I got from a birth mom I trust. I will be waiting to hear what you know about them. May have to cross them off my list, too bad, it's already a short list!
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 9:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:04 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I checked out their website and agree with SR on the surface they do look like one of the more ethical agencies. drfink, what happened?
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My recent and past dealings with them have been bad. They lied about being a portal between birth mothers and children they relinquished. They promised and offered to keep letters,contact info and more WHAT A BIG PILE.I kept contact checking almost yearly, double checking my info,my sisters info,when my 26 yr old realized he requested to be put on the list as aback up.Many phone calls over the years where they would almost immediately tell me there had been no inquires.Shortly before deployment my son requested his name be removed so it would not go unanswered if my oldest should call.I did and apparently was connected to a different office and they called me back to tell me there was never any record of me calling at all basically a closed file.Of course I went further and that is how it is .Their attitude has ;been flip.It has been difficult to get a straight answer if there had been any inquiries.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 9:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Nothing has changed since they refused to let the women there make or receive calls till after paperwork was signed.This was to protect us??????B.S.,when I asked about changing my mind less than 24 hours after signing they told me I no longer had any rights.They lied about some paperwork that was signed by the father 2 months early .They continue to lie ,only now they talk in circles so it is harder to pin down what they are saying.It is no longer ok to act as if they are doing Gods work to save innocent babies from immoral mothers so they sugar coat it all.I've read the website also.I might have felt they had changed if my more recent experiences had them having compassion for not following through and not lieing to cover their tracks.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 9:41 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• drfink - I'm not surprized. The adoption agency I used: Vista Del Mar, in Los Angeles, treated me like a complete pain in the ass when I asked for copies of anything I was legallly entitled to, even though I was fully reunited and supplied them with names and address of my son the adoptee, and his adoptive parents. Tried to completely ignore me, and then said they'd send my case to a judge. About 3 years ago, never heard from them again. I was hoping to gain some info about bfather, of course I didn't tell them that, and I eventually found him without them.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:56 AM on Oct. 13, 2010