Do You "Fit In" at Your Church?

Obviously, this is a question for those who (somewhat) regularly attend (or have regularly attended in the past) church, temple, synagogue, etc. All 'church' go-ers can answer.. catholic, protestant, jewish, muslim, uu, etc! Feel free to interpret "fit in" any way you would like. In no way, shape, or form do I "fit in" at my church and was wondering if others have had similar experiences!

catholicmamamia

Asked by catholicmamamia at 12:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, but I don't really want to...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I do now... I am part of the family in my church and love it. I used to not fit in anywhere....
    God brought me to a church that teaches on the message of the Cross, His Grace, Mercy, Honor, The Father's Heart, Healing, Miracles ect. It is free flowing and you are encouraged to be who He has called you to be and step out in the gifts He has given you!
    I never felt this free before! So yes I fit in.... :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I feel like I haven't attended enough to "fit in" since we have transfered to our new church in another town. I fit in a lot at my previous church.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Not at all. I only really go because my husband likes to. I like some churches but not this one. Unfortunately it is the only one where we live at the moment.

Plum419

Answer by Plum419 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i think they like us'' however i worrie if my children fit in. mostly my adhd child.
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 12:58 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Yes I feel I fit in.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I do, but that's probably because I grew up in my church and so everyone is like family. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Yes, I feel like I fit in. There are people I don't get along with, people I try to avoid, but that's true with any family. And a church should be like a family. I fit in doctrinally because I believe what my church teaches. I fit in spiritually because I'm saved and my spirit feels at peace during the preaching and while fellowshipping with my fellow believers. And I fit in physically because there are young people whom I get along with and have fun talking to. I know there are people who have come to our church who haven't felt like they fit in at our church, and I believe they are missing one of the things I mentioned; either they don't believe in the doctrine our church teaches, or they have a different spirit.

If you're not fitting in at your church, maybe you should look into the doctrines your church teaches and see if it aligns with what you believe. Maybe you need to find a church that better follows your beliefs.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 2:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Most certainly! These people are family to me! Even closer than many of my blood relatives! Oh we have our ups and downs like any family but our faith is at the center of everything and that more than anything shapes the dynamic! We are not physically born into the church family, we are all "adopted" through salvation! If you feel like you are not "fitting in" compare what the Bible says to the way your church is doing things. If it is not in sync with the scriptures then keep looking for what is right.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 2:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• No and that is why I left that church and joined a different one. Same denomination but different church. The new one feels like home.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2010