Have you ever felt that you wasn't good for someone?

I don't mean not good enough but not good for them at all. I met a great guy and we talk just about everyday several times a day. He told me that sometimes he wishes that he was the father of my son and that he would try to be the best bf I ever had. He said this more than once but now that we've been spending more time together he feels more strongly about it now than before.

Problem is I think my past is keeping us from moving forward. Oftentimes I feel guilty and that I'm just not good for him. What bothers me most is that I've had more sexual partners than he has. He said he wants to leave the past where it is and that he wants to be around me regardless if I have a child or not. I care about him deeply but I can't shake the feeling that he shouldn't be with someone like me. How can I move forward with him if I can't stop kicking myself for the mistakes I made in the past.

mjsmommy133

Asked by mjsmommy133 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• First thing, stop being so hard on yourself, if you're not out to hurt him and you care about him, then yes, you ARE good for him. Second, this guy sounds wonderful, and he sounds like someone who would treat you like you should be treated, not really someone you want to push away. The fact that you're concerned about this makes me think that you're a caring person, otherwise you wouldn't be bothered by it, I would say take a hard look at yourself, think about why you consider yourself "bad for him" and work on that. Everyone deserves to be with someone who makes them happy, and that includes you
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 12:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• May I ask you something?

Why would the number of sexual partners you have had in your life make you "not good enough" for someone? What do your past sexual partners have to do with you and your relationship today, right here right now?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Remind yourself constantly that you are a good and loving person. Because you are. He has a point the past is just that.....PAST. We learn from our mistakes and hopefully gain knowledge that can be better utilized toward our present and future. Love and respect yourself for who you are today that is what is important.
    To quote a character named Rafeeki...."It doesn't matter-it's in the past"
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• The past is the past throw those insecurities away If you really want to be with him take his advice the past is the past live for now stay positive GL
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• well he seems like a nice guy i would just take things slow & see what happens but you should doubt yourself for you past mistakes you did just take it 1 step at a time i hope if works out for you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2010