No! I won't go!!

If your kid flat out refused to get on the school bus,would you pick them up and make them get on and go to school? My neighbor is allowing her 4 yr old to not go to school because he doesn't want to. He wants to stay home and watch tv. He threw a fit this morning and wouldn't get on the bus and she gave in to him. If it was my kid I'd call the school the minute I got back in and set up a meeting with the teacher to find out if something happened. In his case however,I'm guessing he's just spoiled. This is his 6th day this year he has missed. His mom is going to be in alot of trouble real soon! Truancy in 4K,that's scary!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My kids have pulled that stunt. They refused to get on the bus and the bus was holding up traffic so I told the bus driver to go. I then made them sit down on the driveway and wait the half hour until the school started letting car riders be dropped off and I brought them to school. I made it completely not fun for them to pull that and they haven't done it since.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:58 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I dare mine to TELL me he isn't going...even at 14..I'm potato sack toting him to the bus and he will be going.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• um, nope... I'm the grown up, you do as I say, I don't care if you don't like it
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My son has never refused to go to school, he loves it. As far as the mom getting in trouble, she won't because depending on the state, Kindergarten (especially 4K) is not required.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• HA! My kids beg to go.... they LOVE school! :) But seriously, I'd give them the "whatever" look and tell them what I always tell them, "You know that isn't going to work so just stop it." They listen when I tell them that. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• His being in 4K is required. He's in for a speech impediment issue and attendance is mandatory.

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Oct. 11, 2010