What do i di if I have absolutely no patients for my 4 mth old

consuelo08

Asked by consuelo08 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it gets frustrating especially when everyone is annoying u more what u do is when the baby is asleep take time for ureself and relax dont just keep going till she wakes up or find a babysitter and just stay home and chill to take the edge off things try to have fun with ure baby
    juliansmommie23

Answer by juliansmommie23 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Not sure what your asking, but it sounds like your losing your patience with your 4 month old. Alot of things contribute to not having alot of patience at this time; your baby is only four months old, your hormones are still "out of whack". Babies take alot out of you, they can literally drain you of all energy. It sounds like you need someone to help out alittle. Do you have family members close by, or the babies father. Ask someone to give you alittle break. You may just need some solid sleep. If you are alone with your baby and feel your going to lose control of your self, just put the baby down somewhere safe, even the floor, and walk away. Go into another room and try to calm yourself down. If you feel you can't go back to the baby, call someone...anyone. Even a neighbor who has children, they would understand.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• It can be EXTREMELY frustrating! Just be calm. If you have help at home, hand the baby off to someone for 20 minutes to relax, then go back to the baby. Get a sitter for 1-2 hours every week, you would be suprised at how much you can relax and or/ get done in that amount of time. When my son was first born, my family was at my house a lot helping my husband and I. I felt like I needed the help but felt awkward taking it because after all, it is MY baby, MY responsibilty. But in the end, you will be grateful for the help. You may need/want to call your doctor and make sure you don't have post partum or anything. It can happen a few months after delivery too....
    Anonymous

• I know how you feel!!! My little one took 15-20 minute naps, wouldn't let me put her down w/o crying, and it was driving me crazy!!! As soon as I would make lunch, start the dishes, lay down by myself, or turn on the t.v, she was awake! I read a book called the 90 Minute Sleep Solution by Dr. Peggy Moore. It really helped me get her to take atleast 1 two hour nap and a couple of hour naps during the day. Longer naps helped me get a break.

Liken previous posts said, make sure to get some help!!! Don't feel bad. Every mom needs a break and a little help. Babies can seem so cute but they are more work then they seem.

Good luck to you!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• you may be suffering from postpartum depression, i highly suggest making an appointment with your healthcare provider to be assessed. be honest with them so they can help you. it might be that your insurance may even cover having someone come help you each week, such as a postpartum doula. you have lots of options. while the baby certainly needs to be taken care of, SO DO YOU. if mommy isn't getting enough rest, emotional support, good nutrition, etc, things can get out of whack. I hope you get some relief soon.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Sleep!! Let the laundry go, let the dishes go, eat out if you need to, but get plenty of rest, even if that means 2-3 naps a day for you. Lack of sleep can really effect you. Take a walk! If the baby is crying a lot and you find yourself getting frustrated, put baby in a safe place (crib, swing, etc) and sit on our steps for a few minutes. It won't hurt the baby, but if you lose your patience it might. If you notice the baby likes being outside, go for a walk together. Fresh air does wonders. Also make sure you eat. Good nutrition is essential as well as staying hydrated. Out of 5 kids, these are key things for me, esp with a newborn!
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 10:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• okay- do NOT jump to conclusions like others and figure that your depressed. i'm a 19 year oldmom- i would get so down and frustrated that i'd FREAK over anything my partner did wrong, or if they baby was frustrating me i would take it out on my boyfriend. i figured i MUST be depressed from what different people had told me. my son is now almost 6 months old and these feelings have JUST began to go away. like other's said- let one of your friends or relatives take the baby for a night and SLEEEEEP, or sit a vegg in front of the tv while they're sleepin. you need time for yourself too! it's the only thing that got me through the past few months!
    Stephanie.Xo

Answer by Stephanie.Xo at 12:32 AM on Oct. 28, 2008