Friends???

Do people not know how to be friends. We dont have many and the ones we do have we always keep the friendship going. We make the call, schedule the get together.... Are having friends all that important to you? We are starting to think not. That our friendship is more than enough.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I have a large collection of friends whose lives range from very similar to very different from mine... some have kids much younger and some don't have kids at all, some have kids much older and some have kids around the same ages. Some are around my age (within say 4 or 6 years) and some are 20-40 years older, others are 10-20 years younger. Some I know because of associations I belong to, some I know from school, some were my sibling's friends and others were once married to friends.

Some friends we see really often. Some we see really rarely. Over time, who is in which pile changes. Our lives are vibrant and interesting, and so are their's... so when we contact it's good and when we're too busy to think straight, we don't... and when they're too busy we don't complain about it, because we've been there, too.

What I don't expect from my friends is for them to 'be there for me' as if they have no life of their own.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• my friendships are very important to me, but i agree with you that i feel i have to be the one who plans stuff, calls, text etc...
    spagal99

Answer by spagal99 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I don't like to put much effort into friends. It takes a long time. I don't have that much time in a day. I am cool with a once a month type friend who will come over for games and drinks. That is about as much as I can take.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• the friends i did have dont talk to me anymore ever since i became a parent because they are not parents, they think i am boring now and not worth their time! i think im somewhat boring because i dont have the money or alot of time to go out but i dont think im NOT worth anyones time, they are just not very good friends i guess........
    and then several different friends i have made in the last couple years that DO want to hang out with me and do stuff with me, that also have kids; i really dont feel comfortable being around them after i found out they smoke pot and smoke cigerettes around their kids, are the yelling-angry-spanking type and they dont use carseats! thats probably intolerant of me but i dont want to be around them
    RobinEsMommy

Answer by RobinEsMommy at 1:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2010