should i tell my dr?

he hasnt asked but with my first i had preterm labor at 22 weeks and they stopped it .. he was born 4 days over healthy lol but then i had 3 miscarriages (told dr about) but im wondering if i may have the preterm again im almost 14 weeks but im worried it will happen again ... should i worry should i tell hm ?

iloveyall2008

Asked by iloveyall2008 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Absolutely tell him!
    patsfan013

Answer by patsfan013 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• well i was just wondering cause he asked everything but just not anything abou tthat and i was just sitting here last week and thought about it and talked to my SO about it but ok thanks ill tell him next appointment
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 9:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• since i had preterm labor before is it likley it wil happen again ?
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• YES!!!!

Kristi Landis
    OBGYN Nurse by Day
    Passion Party Gal by Night
    www.partiesbykristi.com
    kristilandis

Answer by kristilandis at 9:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• You can only expect the best and most complete care if you are totally open and honest with your MD. There is no other way for him to know your history unless you tell them (they don't have crystal balls). Please tell him everything you are concerned with; that is their job!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• didnt have to be mean i just saidi didnt even think abou tit til last week and he never asked anything about my last pregnancy just the miscarriages about when they hapened that was it
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• You should tell your dr. It may not happen again but it is important for him to know about your past pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• Yes, absolutely. The more they know about your previous gynecological history the better. Whatever you think of, whenever you think of it, mention it :-) Out of my 6 pregnancies (2 m/c) I've had 7+ OB/midwives. Even though I have most of my records (which you can always have your previous pg records sent to him - good idea!) I knew they wouldn't have the time to read through all of them so it was my job to hit the high points. I also kept track of how they compared as far as weight, BP, etc.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 10:43 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• yeah, i forget alot of things to mention or ask the dr. just make put it at the top of your list next time you see your dr. good luck and i hope you dont go pre-term!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• i will i have it written in my notebook and im gonna to tel him at the next appointment
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2008