My dughter has her 1st birthday coming up on Dec. 19th and we need some party ideas! Thanks!

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• My niece was born on the 20th and her party was xmas themed. It was so cute. Her bday cake had Santa Clause on it, they had hot chocolate with a candy cane to drink and warm home made chicken noodle soup to eat. After thay all went outside to play in the snow but your daughter might be to small for that:)
    jaja202

Answer by jaja202 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• We don't have "theme" partys for our children when they turn 1. the party is mainly for family, so we just had a big party with family/friends. Children were invited, but not the center of attention. We started "theme" parties at 2 years of age, when the child is actually able to interact meaningfully wih other children. Don't get me wrong, we still had decorations and a child cake, but no games. Good luck!
    Allison7777

Answer by Allison7777 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• When my kids was that age I did little bears shaped cakes and of course ice cream
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• A friend of my has a daughter who was born in December. She had her a picnic themed birthday. I thought it was so cool too. She had checked picnic cloths on the tables, fixed summer time foods like hotdogs and hamburgers. Drank lemonade. The kids blew bubbles and "swam" in a kiddie pool full of balls.

It was fun to have a little taste of summer in the winter!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 3:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2010