Food Allergies Popping up when Your Pregnant???

I always have had a love for cereal and milk. Could live off bowls of cereal. The further I get along the more I can't tolerate milk. It makes me sick every morning. I started trying other breakfast items which don't make me throw up. I can't tolerate Rice Krispies all the way down to my favorite Fruity Pebbles and Cookie Crisp.

Could this baby be allergic to milk? Would I react if she was. This is something that maybe the last two weeks has been happening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i honestly don't know but when i was pregnant with my daughter i was craving shrimp so bad and mind you i am not a seafood person. ive tried shrimp plunty of times and never broke out but i tried it when i was preggo and i broke out in hives almost all over my neck. But i can still eat shrimp now even though i am not preggo with her anymore. maybe we do im not sure.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 1:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• everything changes when you are pregnant. the good news is, most things return to normal 6mo or so postpartum.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 1:12 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My allergies were worse during and after I was pregnant. My entire body/health changed after I had my son.
    jacejenkins

Answer by jacejenkins at 1:12 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• You probably have had a milk intolerance/allergy for a while, however, when you eat food you are allergic to regularly, you don't notice it as much. Allergies are a hormonal response - with the additional/changed hormones of pregnancy, you have upset the balance your body was used to. I didn't realize I was allergic to milk until I cut dairy out of my diet completely for health reasons for a while - then after a couple weeks one small glass of milk and I felt like I'd been hit by a truck. I drink milk alot now as I love it and I'm pregnant - but I frequently get sinus problems and earlier in the pregnancy had to take benadryl alot - it was worse then. Also, early in my pregnancy any small amount of sugar made me feel like serious crap - could be that in addition to the milk. I had to have lots of fat and protein early in the morning to not feel sick all day, hence lots of not so healthy egg mcmuffins, but they did the trick.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I had a an allergic reaction when I pregnant to strawberries. I broke out in hives all over and was so sick. I had never had that reaction, and haven't had it since. However my daughter whom I was carrying at the time is allergic to strawberries!!
    willkanmom

Answer by willkanmom at 2:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2010