what can you use to keep deer away from your plants (hosta's, sunflowers, morning glorys) besides a fence ???

I already put this in a journal....and thanks for ur responses...
Every year the deer eat my hosta's down to the ground almost. My son planted sunflowers...they were gettin nice and tall and they ate them...my morning glory's were starting to grow tall...NO more morning glorys.........please help if you have had this happen to you.

dottief13

Asked by dottief13 at 9:04 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Home & Garden

• there are lots of plants that don't attract deer. i think on better homes and garden's website you can get tips too, from plants to other stuff. i think the web-site is bhg.com.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 9:14 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Hair...yes hair. Go to a beauty shop and get some hair and put it in a knee high and then put it around your flowers. I know it sounds gross, but it works!
    Trip

Answer by Trip at 11:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• i have two words for you,"liquid fence" i have my own gardening biz and here in gold beach the deer attend the parades,no kidding they walk right down the middle of the street. everyone wants a garden but the deer proof list really needs to be modified yearly 'cause they're learning. what they really don't like is rotten eggs which is what liquid fence smells like. if you're on a budget you can make your own by putting an egg into a small squirt bottle with some water and let it rot for 2 weeks--no joke!
    sherry729

Answer by sherry729 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• This is the cheapest and easiest way to keep deer and other pesks away from flowers and veggies. Use bar soap in a cut off pair of panty hose, or in a knee high. When your bar of soap in the shower is almost gone put it in the bag you made w/ the panty hose. You'll have to replace the soap every so often b/c the rain will wash it away, but it will keep almost everything away.
    imamom9901

Answer by imamom9901 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2008