Who knew???

Ok, so I took a Home Pregnancy Test over the weekend, and it was positive. So, I called my OB this morning to go in, confirm the results and all that. They said, that I did not need to come in, the Home Pregnancy tests were accurate enough that they could be certain that I was pregnant. That I would not need an appointment until the first week of November, at which point they would do my first appointment and an 8 week ultrasound. Just wondering is this normal? Lol, my last child was 10 years ago, so I was expecting them to get me in right away!

mommy11260

Asked by mommy11260 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is completely normal. They waited with my son 8 weeks from the first day of my last period, and the home tests are very accurate these days. They may take your blood at the first appointment to make sure that all of the different levels are where they should be. Congratulations!
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 3:08 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Sure. Unless you have a history of early miscarriage or hormonal imbalances, there's no reason to do blood work. Congratulations!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:16 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• yes that's normal
    krystal2010

Answer by krystal2010 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• 5 years ago when I found out I was pregnant they did it the same way. I was told they didn't need to see me until I was around 8-10 weeks. When I inquired about getting prenatal vitamins, they told me that taking them that early would probably just make me sicker and that I would be ok until then.
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• it's normal unless you're high risk.
    Mamie_85

Answer by Mamie_85 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Well, they told me they would call in some prenatals for me. But, I told them no need I had been on them since my consultation in July, when we went in to talk to the Doc. about coming off birth control and trying to get pregnant. Just was surprised that it happened so quickly! She said wait 2 months, then try. Well, the third month the trying worked!
    mommy11260

Comment by mommy11260 (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2010