what are the main thigs babys should have when born?

I need to start buying baby stuff and my baby is going to be born in the cold and i need to know what are the top things baby has to have.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• diapers, warm jammies, baby wash, blankets,
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 9:43 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• my son was born december 23 so it was super cold they sell snow suit type things those are good large blankets also a necesity to cover car seat the nose plunger thing bc they tend to get runny noses and warm clothes hats and booties to warm feet
    juliansmommie23

Answer by juliansmommie23 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• onesies, socks, a lot of light blankets like small thermal blankets,

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• flannel swaddling blankets, layering clothes(long-sleeved shirt, footed outfits,socks), bundleme for your car seat, warm hats, sweaters/cardigans. for bottles, choose 4 oz. born free, bottle brush, lots of bibs n burp cloths, among others.
    marybbnurse

Answer by marybbnurse at 9:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• regarding diapers, choose pampers swaddlers (2 packs newborn, 2 packs #1 to start). if you want to breastfeed, make sure you rent one and buy the accessories.
    marybbnurse

Answer by marybbnurse at 9:49 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• oh, and a wearable blanket.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 9:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• when your baby is in a carseat, it isn't safe to have him/her in a lot of bulky clothes because they can slip out if there is an accident (you can't tighten the straps enough). It is better to put them in their seat wearing one layer of clothes and then surround them with warm blankets.
    Also, very useful to have are thick burp pads (out of flannel type material- they sell packs of 4 at Target for about $8). These are nice because you can lay your baby on top of them and if they spit up, you don't have to wash an entire blanket or sheet set.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:57 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Lots of spit towles. Warm jammies, socks, hats, fleece blankets are great! Mittens, not neccesarily for the cold but so they don't scratch thier face. If you are bottle feeding they say to get like four bottles...I say get like eight or more, you won't have all that much time to do dishes. Get a bottle drying rack too. Get infants tylenol, mylycon and destitin just in case. A baby bath of some sort, towels and wash clothes. Don't go over board on the diapers and wipes just yet. My baby had an allergic reaction to the huggies natural care refreshing wipes...and I had like a tone of them! Then she went and grew out of the diapers before I could use them all!
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I think the neccesities beside for any baby besides the obvious diapers and wipes are onsies,stretchy pants,socks, pj's (for your winter baby make them fleece with feeties especially because NO BLANKETS IN THE CRIB),about four receiving blankets (thermal for your winter baby),bottles + bottle brush,baby wash + shampoo,baby tub, wash cloths + hooded towels,desitin, one of those baby safety kits with a nose syringe and thermometer ect,a grooming set, bibs. Get a heavy fleece blanket for when you go out, but not in the crib because it increases the risk of SIDS. To sleep you can also invest in a sleeping gown that will keep baby warm. To go out in the cold ( and I hear it will be a VERY cold winter), get an infant snowsuit (try The Children's Place)
    MiiSSHiiSCAMP0S

Answer by MiiSSHiiSCAMP0S at 3:00 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Also, make sure when you put baby in the snow suit you put a thin onsie and thin stretchy panst because it is heavy and you don't want baby to overheat. Also, once baby is in the car unzip the snow suit they are really heavy and warm. As far as medicine, Mylicon never worked for me, but keep infant's tylenol on hand.
    MiiSSHiiSCAMP0S

Answer by MiiSSHiiSCAMP0S at 3:03 AM on Oct. 27, 2008