What makes a man want to approach a woman?

Ok...so I know men can be just as shy as women...but what can I do that will make him want to approach me? I keep seeing men and they will smile a big smile but never approach...what's up with that? What can I do to let them know I'm available?? I am confident, I'm attractive, I smile and I'm obviously not married...what gives? What can I do besides go right up to them and talk to them...because I'm not really that forward.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Do you live in a place where strangers on the street say 'hi' to 'good morning'? It's a lot easier if you do... because then you're in the habit of speaking to strangers in a friendly, approachable way.

You may like a friend to photograph (or videotape) you, when you're in these situations so you can see what you really look like. Your body language may be a problem in one of two ways: you might be smiling, but the rest of your body is 'closed' (crossed arms and legs are not approachable), or; a strong sense of eagerness comes across as desperation and is off putting to men and women. It's easier to see which, if either of these, is a problem if you can see how you really look.

Men, generally (at least actually heterosexual men) don't tend to like a lot of makeup or very revealing or tight clothes, because these read 'hooker' --or at least hooker amounts of experience... which surprises a lot of women.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• It's a new age there is nothing wrong with walking up to a guy and say hi my name is and start decent conversation go for it have fun
    lilmama29113

Answer by lilmama29113 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Dont do nothing....there is no need you should approach a man whatsoever...Men feed off of our actions. If you approach a man and yall eventaully get close he will use that at his advantages. If you are a good woman as you say then a REAL GOOD MAN will notice that and approach you. If they arecowards to just look at you and not say anything then you dont need that kind of man in your life...some women want a man that can hold his on. Men have low self-esteem and hate being rejected.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2010