I`m confused!! I don`t know which one to choose!

I have a 3 year old & a 2 month old, whom I am EBFing. I work part time, around 20 hrs a week/3 days a week. So I can spend more time at home with my girls & so I dont have to pump as much. I have the best of both worlds right now. I can be at home and still be able to catch a break and go to work. I have been asked if I want to come back to full time, around 35 hrs a week/5 days a week or stay where I am, at part time. If I do not go back to full time they might have to hire someone else for replace the person who is leaving or they may be able to give more hours out to everyone & be fine. I do want to go back to full time after th first of the year but I didnt want to this soon. I have no idea what to do?

s_harden

Asked by s_harden at 1:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• If I were you, I would talk to them and ask about slowly increasing my hours so that I was back up to full time at around the first of the year. Tell them that would be the easiest way for you to make the transition within your home. Most employers will work with reasonable requests.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I would stay at home as long as you are financially able to . Its been my experience that no one takes care of your kids as well as mommy does. I hope this helps!
    dseay

Answer by dseay at 1:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• whats confusing? i think you should do whats best for you and family. if you wanna stay part time but if you may lose your job all together then of course go back full time.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Can you tell them you will come back Jan. 1?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• It depends on whether or not you need the job.. Either financially or just for yourself. While I do agree that no one can take care of your kids like you do, only you know what is best for you and your family.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 1:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Why don't you have a sit down with them and explain what you would like to do and maybe agree to work 4 days a week. They will most likely work with you if your willing to work with them.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 1:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I would ask about if it's possible to come back full time at the beginning of the yr. If they can't wait that long now it will depend on your families need, good luck.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 4:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I agree with PP
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:07 AM on Oct. 12, 2010