What do you use your mixer for?

I have a mixer that has been in the box for over a year. I never had a mixer before, don't really know how to use it or what to use it for.

What do you use your mixer for?

Niki_sd

Asked by Niki_sd at 1:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• A hand mixer or stand mixer? My hand mixer is rarely used, but it comes out if I'm making brownies. My stand mixer is used for bread dough, pizza, dough, cookies, etc. It's a lot easier to just turn it on than stand there trying not to splatter :)
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• stand mixer
    Niki_sd

Comment by Niki_sd (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• We use our to make everything Ginger mentioned! For desserts it comes in handy when I have to make large quantitites--like bake sales--otherwise I use my hand mixer.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Cookies, frosting, whipping cream...that's all I can think of at the moment, I probably only use it every other month or so....
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I use my stand mixer for lots of things: cakes, cheesecakes, cookies, frosting, fondant, mashed potatoes, ice cream (an attachment).
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Cakes, cookies, bread dough, pizza dough, frosting, cheese cakes....I LOVE my stand mixer.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Everything mentioned above....bread dough, pizza dough, frosting, cake & brownie batters, cookie doughs, mashed potatoes, big batches of pancake or waffle batters, muffin batters, homemade whipped cream, etc....It's especially nice for mixing up large batches of things and kneading doughs.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I bake my own bread, so I use the mixer for that. I also use it for cookies, cakes, and my MIL uses it for cinnamon rolls when she's visiting.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:16 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I have a stand mixer that hubby bought me a few years ago. I use if for cookies, mashed potatoes, bread dough, mousse, whipped cream, cake batter, brownie batter...well just about everything. I love it!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2010