what do u mamas out there do with all that halloween candy your toddler brings home?

I def don't want him having candy but would love for him to enjoy the experience of trick or treating. I thought about switching out the real candy and replacing it with toddler snacks and raisens etc. Of course daddy and I will enjoy the candy for him. lol What do you guys do?

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 1:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give them a few. Let him pick 3 or 4 a day. Keep it for a few weeks, then I dump it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• check to see if any of its opened if so throw it out then me and my toddler eat it lol :)
    i aint ashamed to admit that i eat his candy too :)
    Tiffany_Rivera_

Answer by Tiffany_Rivera_ at 1:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My husband and i eat most of it. I'll give my 2 yr old some for the first 3 days but that's it.
    Tiffytifftiff

Answer by Tiffytifftiff at 1:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i always let them to a point pig out on halloween night. cuz i always got to and loved it. the one day of the year you can totally eat till you get sick. but the rest of the candy i use for treats if they clean their room/ pick up their toys go to the potty if you are potty training ect. lol and i honestly sneak a few pieces myself.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 1:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I used to bring it to work with me. now my kids are older and hide it from me so I cant take it. I did it with their Easter Candy too.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 1:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Since we knew we didn't want our kids eating the candy when they were little, we didn't take them trick-or-treating. We ignored it outright, visited their grandparents (who didn't want to give them candy anymore than we wanted them to have it) or went to bonfires or other community events that were blessedly lacking in junk food.

When our kids were older a bunch of friends held kids' halloween parties at one house, with all the parents bringing what they were willing to let their kids have: raisins, nuts, trail mix, apples, homemade carmel corn, homemade cookies, muffins, pencils, stickers... as well as a costume line up, a bonfire, fireworks, carnival games to play (run by the parents), carved pumpkins, some crafts to do...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i let my son have a couple pieces sometimes, just depends on if he behaves. other than that, i normally eat all his candy for him and give him healthy snacks instead.
    PixiFairy

Answer by PixiFairy at 1:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Thank goodness my Son doesn't love sweets. He liked looking at the wrappers and unwrapping them more than eating them. I let him play with the candy for a few days until he lost interest. Then we ate it!! LOL! At one house, he received three plastic bugs and that was a major score for him! He is still playing with them a year later.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• We usually only go out to a few houses, so we don't get a ton of candy. With the candy we do get, I will let him have some of it. I usually use it as more of treat/reward then anything. My husband and I will usually eat some and some of it will get thrown away.
    MomToLilAngel

Answer by MomToLilAngel at 2:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i let my kids have a few pieces each than give my husband the good ones than throw the rest away when the kids are not looking.
    mpactem

Answer by mpactem at 4:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2010