How would you feel or what would you do if a sex offender moved right next door to you....

and you were never informed. You just found out through the sex offender registry months later. The offenses were forcible sex on a minor and molestation. They are recent.

This happen to my parents and my niece plays over there all the time playing with his daughter, who is 9. Their rule is she plays out front in their yard. She's only 5 but no one watches her. I've tired to have a say in it but they just tell me to shut my mouth and mind my own business.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I would not let my children over there, that's for darn sure.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'd drop down on my knees and pray for coverage of my children and ask for guidance in an imminent move...trust in the Lord and he will direct your path...!
    Momgul

Answer by Momgul at 1:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My child would not be allowed in the yard. The daughter could play at our house, but not vice versa. I would also be having frequent talks about appropriate and non-appropriate touching and behavior!! That's for sure. And lots and lots of prayer. I would try to be a good and kind neighbor, while still protecting my child.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 2:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'd be upset, but I wouldn't assume he was going to rape me and my kids. I'd make sure my home was secure (extra locks on the door, perhaps an alarm), and I'd stopped going out after dark without my boyfriend. But would I egg his house and organize protests like some people do? No.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• How can one let a 5 yr old outside w/o watching? I don't care who your neighbors.

If we found out there was one locally, DH would probably have a talk with him to make sure he understands the consequences of his actions. If he ever did anything, he would wish for the cops to find him before dh.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 3:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I would feel like burning down the house next door

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• OH HERE

Her mother dropped her off and abandoned her, plus he went through that so called treatment is apparently is "cured"

mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 1:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Oh that's crazy..jeez...my kids would never be playing over in his yard.I'd probably tell all of the neighbors and band together to try and make him want to leave.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My friends husband is an offender( attempted sex with a minor she was 16 and he was 21) and he isn't allowed near his daughter unless he has a caseworker there. Sorry but the question doesn't seem real no one in there right mind would allow a child even if its there own into a home with an offender. MOst children who are in the state system are not allowed to be with parents because of it..
    Anonymous