closed cervix?

i went to the er today due to severe cramping with my iud.when they did a pelvic exam the dr said i had a closed cervix.what does that mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It means there isn't anything going on with you IUd, it could be endometreosis or cysts too.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• They didn't tell you why it was closed? I would call your ob/gyn and ask them.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 3:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• why didnt they tell you exactly what that meant doctors i swear they get all the big bucks and expect us to read between the lines
    Monique78

Answer by Monique78 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• idk the dr was a newbie,prolly thinks im crazy.just came into the room listened to my heart,lungs examed my back and abdomial area for pain then said he would do a urine hcg test like i had been doing at home(even tho i said they could read negative when i could be preggers) refused to do the blood test and then just did the pelvis exam and said to run cultures on it.half an hour later they gave me a script for ty;anol 800 and told me to follow up with my dr.this is bs so i am just having my iud removed thirs.now just have to wonder if im preggers until then
    singlemotherkim

Answer by singlemotherkim at 8:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• you should ask your obgyn
    lovebunny82709

Answer by lovebunny82709 at 2:42 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• and the answe is no im not preggers but i got my iud out today and am going back on birth control pills
    singlemotherkim

Answer by singlemotherkim at 4:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2010