whats your biggest fear as a parent

My biggest fears as a parent is that my oldest 15 ds who young in the mind will get caught up in something that he doesn't really understand he's a follower not a leader
An my olest 13 dd will not come home cuz she is too trusting..she has a mental disabilty..an may not remember what's goin on around her...

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• That he will join the military. Please don't bash me.. I have nothing but admiration and respect for those in the military.. but I am a big-ass chicken and I can't stand the thought of my son putting himslef in danger... even to protect me or anyone else.. I will accept that I am selfish... and I gladly give all of the props to those wives and moms out there who are brave enough to deal with it. I totally respect you.

FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 5:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• That someone will hurt my children in a sexual way...
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My biggest fear for both of my boys, is they get caught up in relationships too early and loose site of their goals and dreams. I worry girls will take over their mind andemotions.
    Both my boys are leaders and have strong personalities and good heads on their shoulders. They have walked away from my friends who do not. I trust them to make wise choices. My youngest is 12 and no longer friends with those he found out were smoking and drinking when they were 11. My older son is 16 stopped hanging out with friends that have drinking and having sex since they were 14. I don't worry too much about them, falling into the wrong group and getting caught up in something. They both know there is such thing as the wrong place and the wrong time and need to be careful who they associate with. So my only big fear is getting caught up too early in a relationship.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My biggest fear for my oldest is that I will lose him forever, he has moved in with his dad, and I don't get to see him much anymore. For my middle son, is that he will not learn to read properly, he has a lot of trouble, and for my youngest, I fear most that no one will be able to take care of him after I am gone, he is autistic, and I am not sure how his adult care will work out.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 1:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My biggest fear for my DD is that she will get caught up in a bad relationship and be abused as I did years earlier, into drugs I fear my child will make the same mistakes i once did. That's why I will always be honest with my DD.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 1:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Death, or child abduction.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• That something will happen to my older girls that they can't get out of like an abusive relationship or being forced into something like sex trafficking.
    My young son I worry about kidnapping, bullies, And with Cancer running as no. 1 cause of illness/ death in his dad's family I worry about that
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I pretty much have the same worries as the rest of u ladies even down to one of my kids joinin the military...so i will not bash anyone for their fears i have had all the same fears myself
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 6:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2010