How long did it take you to get pregnant on fertility treatment?

A friend of mine came to my baby shower yesterday and she and her husband have been trying for a while to conceive. She has been on Clomid (not that but something that starts Clomi...) for just a month and she is 36. All her hormone tests came back normal, and she did have problems previously with endometriosis. She wants a baby SOOO BADLY - she already had a maternity wardrobe and baby girl clothes... just wondering when I might be able to celebrate with her. I thought I was no longer fertile after much trying and just gave up, then of course it happened... Thanks.

figaro8895

Asked by figaro8895 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I haven't gone through it but people I know have. It can take a couple of months to a year for most people. Good luck to your friend though.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 3:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• It took me 2.5 years total of trying to get pregnant with my 3rd. I did 5 or 6 rounds of clomid and then finally conceived on my first round of an injectable fertility drug. I miscarried and went through some other heartbreak (every 6 weeks from the m/c a pet died) until the 3rd round and that baby is now 5.5.

The one thing I would suggest, because it really helped me, is for her to join a support group. A lot of fertility clinics run them. It helped me to know that I wasn't alone. So many women were in the same position, but I was lucky because I already had 2 kids.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2010