Where the hell did that come from???

So I am talking to my best friend (guy) about my SO and I having a lot of baby talks latelyetc. I am telling him how I really want another child and that SO says he does too, but I am not sure if he says that bc he wants it or if he is just doing it to satisfy me.

Well anyway, to make a long story short my bff spends the next 2 or 3 hours telling me that he doesn't feel like I should want to marry or reproduce with SO and why HE my bff would be a much better candidate and father to a child. I mean literally listed all of the pros for us to make a child together...

I am blown away and feel like I should be taking something away from this conversation, but I keep asking myself... Where the hell did that come from????

BriHan06

Asked by BriHan06 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Time to make the choice mama. Cant have baby with you BFF and be with your SO. If you dont have feelings for your BFF let him know and I think its time to put distance between you two for a bit.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Sounds like your bff has other motives. I wouldn't be confiding in him any more and I would think about keeping my distance.

This could cause all kinds of problems with you and your SO. Rather than your SO finding out from someone else, I would tell him and then limit your contact with bff.

Bff stepped over the line.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Your friend is in love with you and wants to marry you and make babies with you.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Oh wow.. sounds like he kinda fell for you.. I would definitely tell your hubby bout it & he may want you to stay away..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• He was just expressing his feelings to u & wanted u to know how he truly felt! He probably tried to drop hints but u never caught on. Now ur in an akward position & u need to handle that. Im sure it was hard for ur bff to even put that on the table. He probably thinks u deserve better than what u got or r going through. Good luck
    ahsweetness

Answer by ahsweetness at 1:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I guess he got up the courage to tell you how he felt, in a round-a-bout way. Your choice in this is simple. Say" thank you, you make a lot of good points but I don't feel that way about you" or "thank you, you make a lot of good points but we are not in a relationship. Are you asking for a relationship or just make a baby with me?" I don't believe you have to loose your bff at all. That may happen eventually no matter what you do. Especially if he fell for you and you don't return his feelings. There is a third option, love both the men in your lives in your own way. Just let everyone clearly know what your boundaries are.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 1:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Right now, I am much to shocked and confused to have a clear response for him on any of that? We have always had such an open and honest friendship it is not like him to hold back on anything he has to say, good or bad... Neither of us does... We talk about SO all the time and we talk about his ex as well. I guess I was not prepared for him to be so emotional about it.
    BriHan06

Comment by BriHan06 (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Anna- If that is the case, then I find myself in quite the pickle...
    BriHan06

Comment by BriHan06 (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• You said he said "make a child together". Not wants to get married, not that he's in love with you?

Seriously, I think he's just sick of hearing you bitch about your SO plus he'd like to get laid regularly and without effort.
    Anonymous

• LMAO anon- that was hardly a bitch fit type conversation...lol and he gets laid regularly and I get to hear ALL ABOUT IT...which is gross lol
    BriHan06

Comment by BriHan06 (original poster) at 2:08 PM on Oct. 11, 2010