I'm breastfeeding and I'm lopsided now. How do I fix it?

I've tried feeding her more on the smaller side to encourage the breast to produce more and gain size, but all its done is made it even more noticably smaller than the left. I've tried also pumping it after nursing to get it to produce more. I think I may be doing something wrong! My daughter is only 18 days old so I'd really like to fix this problem before it gets out of hand.

JennCharisma

Asked by JennCharisma at 1:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is probably going to be that way until you wean. Don't worry so much about it. Chances are after you finish nursing and dry up, the difference will not be so noticeable.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• You too huh? I have a full 1 1/2 inch difference without a bra... One is flat and one is full... It's just how it works some times. Beyond a good bra and a possible boob job, there aren't really options...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• That happens and nursing more or less won't fix it. It's a pregnancy thing, not a nursing thing.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:02 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Relax, it will go away on its own.

You just need to use both sides about the same amount and they'll figure it out.

Also, all women are lopsided --generally it's the left that's bigger than the right, but there are exceptions (that make bra fitting hard). It's also much more visible to you, looking straight down, than it is to anyone looking at you from any distance at all. Even boob men don't tend to notice.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• You're doing all the right things save one: You're worrying about it. **grin** It's normal. Keep doing what you're doing. Except the worrying part.

Nine years after weaning, *I* still see a difference and will forever. Hubby says I'm nuts.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Well I guess I'll try not to worry about it, although, I'm not the only one who can tell. It goes from one to two cup sizes smaller than the other. I'd have to be on drugs to think no one would notice a 2 cup size difference. The right will be a B and the left a D. Its worse somedays than others. I just hope it doesn't dry up that way.
    JennCharisma

Comment by JennCharisma (original poster) at 7:32 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• That sounds like a normal issue. Most women's breasts aren't perfectly symmetrical, and breastfeeding can be that way too. It will take a few weeks for your breasts to work themselves out. Try to be patient, and just focus on your new baby! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:11 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Mine are a full cup size different. My BF doesn't care.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:20 AM on Oct. 12, 2010