what is an evangelist?

DeeDee737

Asked by DeeDee737 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Evangelists go out and preach the gospel telling the good news from the Bible. Evangelical churches focus a lot on spreading the gospel in my experience. They are active and open about the gospel at least from my experiences.
    SkylaDarling

Answer by SkylaDarling at 2:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My explanation, from a Baptist point of view, an Evangelist is a man who preaches full-time and goes from church to church preaching. Usually they will preach Revivals, Missions Conferences, or on special days. This man was usually once a Pastor of a church, but not always.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 6:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Evangelist are soul winners, that is the mark of their calling. Their main message is the gospel message of Jesus Christ. The office of an Evangelist, has an anointing that draws people.

There are five offices of the ministry, apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, and teacher.

http://basicbiblestudies.tripod.com/five_fold_ministry.htm

BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 2:40 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Evangelist is someone who witnesses and preaches the Gospel to win lost souls. I believe that some people are full time evangelists (that is their ministry as mentioned above ). However, we are all called to evangelize and witness to the lost by the "Great Commission." Just like some people are Prophets, many people can recieve prophetic messages.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 12:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2010