What was easiest on your body and on you to get you breast milk dry up - a sports bra or binding your breasts with an ace bandage? Why do you think it was easiest? adult content

Svetlana98usa

Asked by Svetlana98usa at 1:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never did either... I just let them dry up naturally... And used herbal options to help curb milk production.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:42 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Both will risk mastitis. DO NOT attempt to wean cold turkey. It's a process that should take quite some time. To prevent pain and infection in your self... also to prevent depression from the sudden drop in hormones, as well as to give your child time to adjust.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I weaned gradually, cutting out one feeding every 4 to 5 days. I never had discomfort.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Wean gradually. There will be no pain involved.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• NO binding. That's an open invitation to mastitis.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• No binding, no tight bras. Wear well fitting bras. If you really want to dry your milk, break the veins on a cold cabbage leaf, and place one leaf in each cup. Wear until they wilt, replace if needed.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2010