Are Bikinis Immoral?

This came up in conversation... Apparently Breastfeeding in public is immoral because of the amount of skin which COULD be seen by those around...

SO, does that mean that Bikinis (which show it all off up front) are immoral as well? What about tank tops? What about shorts? Or skirts that come above the knee?? All immoral right?

I mean, if nothing else there is always the risk of a "malfunction" with shorts or skirts or tanktops which may show a little extra skin... And since most of those clothing choices show more than a nursing mom anyways, they must all be HIGHLY immoral...

Hmmm... Which makes me wonder why I don't see more "Amish" style dresses around...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I come from Europe where women sunbathing on the beach topless is normal and not considered immoral. I don't believe people actually feel breastfeeding is immoral....Do they?

I will never understand a society where you can watch a woman get her head blown off on TV, but you cant see her breasts. Makes zero sense to me.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My view..

You got me.. I'm stumped as to how a piece of clothing can be moral or immoral.. LOL

And totally lost in regards to the whole immorality present in BF thing.. LMAO

Really where do people come up with some of these things. No wonder our society gives off such incredibly mixed messages in regards to: nudity, sex, sexuality, and morality..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I think there are many people out there that need to invest in some petroleum jelly to remove the sticks!!

Bikinis are not immoral. On the other hand, there are some chicks that wear that SHOULD NOT be wearing them. *shudder*

Whoever said breastfeeding is immoral is an idiot! I never did it, never wanted to, but I have enough COMMON SENSE to know it's NATURAL.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I think modesty is important no matter what you are doing. I'm not saying wear a giant sheet or anything, but be tastful in all you do.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• yes, didn't you know we're supposed to be covered from head to toe? *eye roll*
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• so then lets really drag this all out and just walk around butt ass naked and just tell everyone to get over it.
    There is a difference between being tasteful and trashy. I would look up the laws on indecent exposure and go from there. I feel if you have to shave off your pubic hair because you bikini is that small maybe you should find one that fits. Just my feelings on it. But I don't geel they are immoral.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'm not against bikinis, nor am I against breastfeeding in public. Just be tasteful when doing both, that's all I'm getting at. Geeze.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• neither is immoral as long as you do it in good taste
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:19 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• But isn't modesty subjective? I mean, what I see as modest isn't most likely going to be what everyone else sees as modest. I see nothing immodest about the human body, nothing dirty, nothing shameful... Obviously this isn't everyone elses view... So who chooses what is and isn't modest?

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• huhu geel, I meant feel... :P
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2010