Who takes care of your kids when you're so sick you can't get out of bed?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 1:42 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My husband helps me, if he doesn't have to work, but mostly me. Sick or not, I drag myself out of bed to take care of them.
    MountainMomma3

Answer by MountainMomma3 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Their dad, my hubby, does. Also my oldest is 12 and is a great help in those situations.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I have to get up and do it. My husband works 10-12 hr days so no rest until he gets home

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• This only happened 1 time in 15 years of being a mother. My husband helped, he did a great job!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• ME
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I have to do it, unless I'm on my death bed or in the hospital, it's all on me 24/7
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 1:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• The only times that I have been unable to care for the kids I was throwing up like crazy and so dizzy or weak I couldn't get to the bathroom myself. And those times my hubby was actually home from work.

Any other time, no matter how sick, it's just me at home. On the really bad days, I get a trash can and lay on the couch. I turn the tv on and let the kids watch movies all day! When I was on bedrest my hubby put a cooler and microwave in the basement. Each morning I would head down to the couch, he would bring the kids down, and fill the fridge with lunch foods and snacks for us. Then off to work he would go!

Sometimes my mom will come help out - but on my worst days it's just been me!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My husband did.

When our son was growing up and I was sick. My husband would take off from work to stay home and take care of me, the kiddo, the house and anything/everything else that needed to be done..

My husband still does that. Our only is grown and gone. But if I'm sick, my husband still takes off work and stays home to take care of me.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My SO.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I do. No one else is able to help. My parents both work.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2010