What's the worst injury you ever had?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 1:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I had my wrist dislocated & both bones in the bottom of my arm broken one time.
    I also got my shoulder burned one time, I had third degree burns completely covering one shoulder.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• When I was 11 my aunt's dog bit me and almost tore my top lip completely off

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Sliced the back of my thigh when I was 10. I was hanging a poster in an old fashioned chair (the kind that the seat nails on to just a frame) and when I went to put my knee in, the seat wasn't on right and down I went. A 3" rusty nail sliced me from the top of my thigh to the back of my knee. 42 stitches later... I have keloid skin, so its still raised and purple 20 years later.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Physhically, I was biten by a dog when I was 4. He bit my face leaving me with 2 black eyes, a fractured nose, and swollen upper lip. I nearly lost my right eye. It took 37 stiches to close up the 5 wounds. Not to mention, the numbing agent the doctor tried using wouldn't work!

Mentally, I would definatly have to say the emotional damage done by being on of the last out alive of Columbine on 4-20-99. I risked my life to try and save the teacher that died anyway and spent 4 hours trapped inside. SWAT lead us out to safetly by leading us over 3 dead bodies! I lost 5 people I knew that day as well as several of my friends were severally wounded. One of my friends is permanentally paralyzed and another had half of his face shot off with a shotgun at close range. I wasn't shot, but I am emotionally scarred for life.
    JennCharisma

Answer by JennCharisma at 1:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I slipped on ONE step ... ONE ... dislocated and shattered my ankle and broke the bones connecting the leg to the ankle.

Jenn ... I would like to give you a big hug for what you went through. I hope that you are doing okay.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I fell going down a flight of stairs and tumbled all the way to the bottom, where I hit my head and lost consciousness for about 15 seconds.

All told, I srained both knees (they were the size of grapefruits), sprained my left ankle, sprained my left wrist, strained my left elbow and shoulder, chipped the bone in my left elbow, scraped both shins from ankle to knee, rugburned my back from the waist up, wrenched my neck and gave myself a severe concussion.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Three broken bones on the top of my foot and same ankle broken in two places that required screws to be put in....got in a car wreck. Over two years later my foot still swells and hurts.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 3:51 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I slipped my left kneecap out of place about 6 years ago. I had 3 rounds of physical therapy over that time, and the last round got me back on track and now I can walk with almost no pain.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2010