Do you recommend the BUMBO seat?

sledgesmom28

Asked by sledgesmom28 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i do.. i used it with my 2nd baby.. its pretty good
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• No! I bought one for my son when he was an infant. He reached for a toy to his side and the seat tumbled over leaving his neck in an awkward position. To add insult to injury, I had a hard time getting his chubby thighs out of it so that I could comfort him. I returned it immediately.
    Linds2Horse

Answer by Linds2Horse at 1:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I don't NOT recommend it - it's alright. In my opinion it doesn't help baby with posture or anything like that but it's helpful to just sit a baby who prefers to sit up in while you get some stuff done, or during playtime. Otherwise, any rocker/boucer chair will suffice! My son never sat right in it. He sat better on his own, and once he was able to sit right in the Bumbo he was also able to crawl out of it lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• no...i got one for the little boy i used to watch and he didn't sit up until 7 months on his own. they're good if they want to sit straight up...but i don't think it helps them form posture and balance like they makers claim.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 2:02 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Nope, my DD HATED it and I had a hard time getting her cubby thighs out of it as well. If you really want one I suggest looking on your local Craigslist, you can usually find them for about 15.00 vs. the 40 something new. Especially if you do not know if your baby is going to like it. Ot at least borrow one froma friend to try out?
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 2:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• thank u! i still dont know! im torn! i hear good things about it and then i hear bad things about it!!
    sledgesmom28

Comment by sledgesmom28 (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I don't recommed not getting it.. we have one and have used it occasionally but my son can push off and tip it over.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 2:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• We had one and we loved it. He was a preemie so he was too little for the high chair(we got a wooden on, it was way big) so we would feed him in the Bumbo (with me or my husband right there), He loved sitting in it on the floor in front of his play gym thingy. it DID help his side muscle and stuff develop.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• If you can try one out and see if your baby likes it I would recommend that- maybe a friend has one or something. I asked for one for DD for Christmas and I was so excited thinking she would love it and of course she wanted nothing to do with it. I wish I could have tried it for her first because they aren't exactly cheap. And the tray you can get to add on seems like a good idea but I found it didn't stay on very well which made it pretty useless.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 5:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My DD hated reclining so the bumbo was a success. She would tolerate it for 15 minutes or so and that would allow me enough time to prepare dinner or vacuum or whatever else needed to be done.

I did buy on craigslist though-I would never pay full price for one. It doesn't get used enough to justify $40.
    LuckyPlusOne

Answer by LuckyPlusOne at 10:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2010