• In the Spotlight:

I have a 5 year old and a 3 year old (daughters).. and my 5 year old was invited to a sleepover B-day party at her best friends house....

I trust her mom completely because we were best friends in school.. Well, my 3 year old will be home by herself so I was going to let her little friend stay overnight at home with her.. The only problem, the mother of this child is young (21), drinks A LOT, lets the little girl cuss, and just isn't a good mother.. I don't want the little girl to teach my daughter bad habits, but maybe she needs to be around a child who isn't brought up that way? What would you do?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 1:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Have her over. If she does any kind of "bad" behavior..give a her a gentle let's not do that. They will both learn in the process.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Your daughter & the potty mouth are already friends so I don't see the harm is having her over. Perhaps you can show her what a good mommy acts like, even if it's only for one night.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I see no harm in having the little friend over. If the girls are friends, she's already exposed to the other child's bad habits.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I wouldn't let a child that young have a sleepover, even more so with the issues you listed.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I would not do it personally.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I don't think a 3 year old needs to have sleepovers yet. I would just make it a special night for the 2 of us, do nails, watch a movie, bake cookies.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• it sounds like the little girl doesnt have a "mommy", she may benefit from being in a structured and caring invironment. I'd try it and just talk to the girl and let her know the rules of the house from the start. If she curses she goes home etc.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Ginger.. my kids have friends sleepover all the time.. We get crafts and snacks & things.. they love it. The child doesn't talk this way in front of my child.. I can just tell her mom does an awful job.. I feel bad for her.
    SuperrMommyy

Comment by SuperrMommyy (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I don't let my 3 year olds stay anywhere but grandmas.. But this mother just really doesn't care.
    SuperrMommyy

Comment by SuperrMommyy (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2010