might be to much info adult content

is there anyone that decides not to douch even after having a baby i heard that it can cause alot of damage i use to do it before i got pregnant but dont know if i should continue to do so or what.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I stopped using it at 20. It can cause PH imbalances in the body. Also, your vagina is naturally cleaning so there really is no need to do so.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i haven't ever douched.. I heard they are bad for you.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:09 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i use one after i end my cycle, always have and never had a problem. i even used them after i had my baby (waited about 5 weeks) BUT there are risks to EVERYTHING: tampons can give u toxic shock syndrome, pads can give u yeast infections, birth control can give u migranes, blood clots, or kill u. ... the list can go on forever. just because there are "risks" doesent mean people dont use them. hope this helps:)
    king0913

Answer by king0913 at 2:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I do not douche. I once heard the gyno on that show The Doctors say that there are only two body parts that are self-cleaning and those are the eyes and the vagina. I mean, obviously you still wash externally when you shower, but the vagina cleans itself out all on its own. Another miracle of nature, I guess. ;)
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 5:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I've never douched. It's HORRIBLE for you!! It can mess with the pH, which increases the risk of infection. The vagina is a self cleaning area, and messing with that is very dangerous. It's fine to wash externally.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:07 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• douches sell everyday...because women are buying them and using them. and they are having no problem with them.
    king0913

Answer by king0913 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 12, 2010