If you send out 20 invites and nobody call's to say they are coming (number was provided on invite) does that mean nobody will show up

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 2:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Entertainment

• I am facing the same problem as you. I sent out over 30 invites and no one has responded yet and the party is Saturday. It was like that for the past 3 years and I hate when they do that.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• That means people have zero manners these days and don't know how to RSVP. Nobody acknowledged my son's b-day invites and we had 30 people show up. Parents brought not only the child that was invited but siblings and even cousins. Thank God I had bought enough supplies.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• No.
    It's rare that anyone RSVP's anymore. Even when you specifically state it on your invite that you would like them to. It's rude and disrespectful.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Unfortunately you won't know for sure until the time of the actual party. Some people never RSVP, and others wait until the very last minute.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Not at all and sad to say but some people failed the manners course at home! I had my daughter's party and the people who did not reply came and vice versa...get with it people!!
    Momgul

Answer by Momgul at 2:05 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Nope not necessarily. I sent invites for my daughters birthday, no one called no one responsed. I sent a text invitation, no one responded and on her birthday EVERYONE showed but plus a few more. If you are feeling uncertain then call and simply say that you sent an invite and just wanted to know if it was received and that for planning purposes you wanted to know exactly how many people to expect.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• People don't RSVP, they don't feel they should have to. I would expect everyone to be there and then some and that way you will have enough drinks/food/cake/give aways. GL
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 2:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Unfortunately good manners and etiquette are a bygone trait. Regardless, I would expect everyone to show up that you invite, plus a few more (and don't forget to count at least one parent to accompany their child and expect to be fed!), and just in case the opposite happens, and NO ONE you invited shows up, I would be sure to invite immediate family members that your child gets along with or some of YOUR friends and their children, so that your child isn't disappointed or saddened in no one shows.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:58 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• People hardly ever RSVP anymore, and even when they do, that doesn't always mean they're going to show up. I have had people not call & show up & people call to say they're coming & not show up, so you just can't be sure. I just go ahead and plan for the invited number of guests and if I have leftovers, that just means I have to cook less later..lol. Now, if it's for a place where I have to make reservations and pay in advance, like a party place, then I will make a point to call everyone on my invite list at least a week prior to the event to find if they're coming or not.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:02 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Not necessarily.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2010