Any one now how to get wallpaper off a wall

i jsut bought a trailer and my bedroom they put wall paper in it and i sware it the uglyiest paper i have ever seen i have got the top later on but the part that glues the paper to the wall i having a hard time with i have tryed water and downie and just water and soap it kinda works i just lost for word on how fustrated i am with this wall paper

Cheyanne-mom

Asked by Cheyanne-mom at 10:09 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Home & Garden

• If you leave it alone and make sure all the soap is of of it, you can paint over it with a good primer like "KILTZ" and then paint over it. I think you can also rent a steamer from Home Depot to steam off the wall paper, but it's up to you. If the wallpaper seams are coming up and the ends are frayed, you can pull off the hanging parts, then still primer over it and paint it.
    son_and_moon

Answer by son_and_moon at 10:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• steam it.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:18 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Yep. Get a steamer. You can also get remover cleaner from home depot or Lowes
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 10:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• DIFF its made to take off wallpaper and glue, you can get it from any LOWES, HOME DEOPT, or maby even WAL-MART. When you get it you want the concentrate not the pre-mixed stuff and mix it stonger than the instructions say to. My husband and I do paint jobs/wallpaper removal side jobs and that always works. If you have sensitive skin you might want a pair of rubber gloves. good luck
    AlishaK126

Answer by AlishaK126 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Sherwinn Williams has some products that you apply and then peel off. Some of them will remove 40 layers with one application. It's pretty cheap stuff so you'll be able to buy your paint from them too.

For small areas, you can use a product called Goo Be Gone sold in most discount stores in the cleaning supply dept. Use gloves because it makes your finger tips feel like they are being desolved too although it's not toxic and doesn't burn. You might have to use it around the window frames. (it's great stuff for removing stickers off the refrigerator door and mirrors.)

Be careful using the steamers because they will remove the finish on the wall under the wall paper. They can also destroy sheetrock.
    DissieDothe

Answer by DissieDothe at 12:24 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• warm water and fabric softener. If it's not soaking thorugh to the glue, try scoring the paper wtih a knife then using the mixture. Works great. Water needs to be warm though, so if it cools off, add some hot water to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• be sure to let it sit for a few minutes too. Don't just wet it then try to take it off immediately. It needs time to soak through to the glue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• steam! They also have this tool that I used once with success, I cant remember the name of it but you slide it around on the paper and it cuts into it, works really well. Just check at a local hardware store like Lowes or Home Depot.
    ginawalker911

Answer by ginawalker911 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• We used hot hot water in a spray bottle, peeled off the top layer of wallpaper and sprayed the backing that was throughly stuck to the walls, soaked it really well and began scraping, you can use a metal scraper or even an ice scraper at this point, just make sure it's soaked all the way thru and that it's sat for at least 15 mins.
    INDIANAMOM

Answer by INDIANAMOM at 8:32 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Good luck! NOTHING worked for me! I had wallpaper stuck to my walls from 1970 and they must have glued it right to the drywall because it did not come off without ruining the walls! And I tried every suggestion listed here... fabric softener, dish soap, hot water, diff, steamer, everything!... and nothing worked! So I hate to be the "negative nelly" here, but all I have to say is GOOD LUCK!
    cldetary

Answer by cldetary at 3:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2008