Do you cuss in front of your child(ren)?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 2:10 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I do have a sailor's tongue. I am working on it though.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I try VERY hard not to, if it happens I tell them that thoes are not nice words and Mommy should not say them either.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Sure, I'm an adult.  My kids know they aren't supposed to say those words but I don't go ballistic if they do.  They didn't start saying them more until we moved here and they started hanging around the kids in this neighborhood.  They heard those words every day from me and my husband and never said them until they heard other kids saying them so it wouldn't have mattered if we had stopped swearing.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:16 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• by slip up now and then. really trying to work on it
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 2:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I do and I know it isn't right, I have a bad temper and that is part of it....no excuses.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 2:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• We did and I explained to him that they were adult words. I was really shocked when that worked. Until he was older, he didn't use them, at least not in front of us. I am not naive enough to think he never used them with his friends.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• It happens now and again but I'm trying to get both hubby and me out of the habit. It's stupid and pointless and if it's something I don't want my child to do I shouldn't be doing it either.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 2:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I do not...do it intentionally. A word here or there may have slipped. I am only human, can not act like im superhuman without faults and flaws. If 'stupid' comes out my mouth, such as "this is so stupid" , my daughter reminds me "mommy, thats not nice" So I am now very careful of what comes out of my mouth. I do not cuss, with I mean like Fwords, Bwords, Awords, none of that comes out of my mouth.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• No, we're not a cussing family.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 2:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• No. But I have never been one to curse.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010