Why does the color of a person's skin matter to some people?

dgall3

Asked by dgall3 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• It all depends on your environment and how you are raised, if your family is open to new things and all types of people then you'll be used to diverse surroundings but if not then you're only comfortable with what you know
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Ignorance is sometimes contagious and I personally have had that vaccination!

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 3:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Because they are ignorant..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I wonder this too...It doesn't for me. And you put this in Relationships, so I'm going to take a leap of faith and assume that you mean something along the lines of interracial dating, and IMO as long as you treat each other right, go for it. It matters none to me!

My parents always told me that if I came home with a black man, a Hispanic man, etc...they wouldn't care as long as he treated me right! The second a man didn't treat me right, my dad would've had their ass...and that goes for a white man too! Good thing I married a wonderful man that my parents love!!!
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 2:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I dont understand it either. Its a superior complex some have and honestly I think the little maturity section in the brain did not develop therefore the person becomes immaturely STUPID
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• It shouldn't. Like a PP said ignorance. The color of a person skin doesn't matter, it's what's beneath that matters.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I don't understand it either... we all bleed red... they are just ignorant...... my son is mixed so I def don't have issues with race
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• lmao at 4_28_bbboy.. good idea.. there should be a vaccine against that!
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 3:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i guess some people are like that i dont know why i like everybody i dont discriminate i get along with all types of race color
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Good question. I do not even see color. I see the character and how they treat people. My question: WHy do people care about the sexual orientation of someone? Why do we tell people they can't marry who they love?
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2010